Pledge to the American Flag
I pledge allegiance to
the Flag of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands:
one Nation under God, indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all.
Pledge to the Christian Flag
I pledge allegiance
to the Christian Flag
and to the Savior for whose Kingdom it stands.
One Savior, crucified, risen and coming again
with life and liberty to all who believe.
We Americans are taught to learn the Pledge of Allegiance words by rote without being able to concentrate on the emotion that the words want to convey. Here is the meaning of the Pledge of Allegiance wording:
- I pledge allegiance – I promise my loyalty
- to the flag – to the symbol that stands to represent
- of the United States of America – each and every of the 50 states that form the united nation of America
- and to the republic – a country where people choose their representative to form the government and represent them
- for which it stands, one nation – the flag that stands for one country
- under God – there is one Supreme entity for every citizen
- indivisible – a country that cannot be divided
- with Liberty – complete freedom of life and living being given to the citizens
- and Justice – fair treatment being promised by the law of the land
- for all – for each and every citizen of the country.